Monday, September 29, 2008

I Heart Benjamin Franklin


Do you think good old Benji (pictured above, circa last Halloween) would have ever thought that inventors would advance to such heights as the Potty Putter? Actually, Benjamin Franklin did invent some rather useful things himself though I bet he wishes he invented the Potty Putter. Hell, I wish I had invented the Potty Putter. Wouldn't that be a great icebreaker? Imagine the following conversation at my next social gathering (which will in fact be me with four small boys on a trampoline in a backyard full of chickens):

Me: Hi small boys on trampoline, my name is Benja...I mean Julie!
Small Boys: We like jumping!!!
Me: So, do you guys jump here often?
Small Boys: Whoopee!!!
Me: I invented the Potty Putter!
*(for copyright purposes I must admit here and now that this is a fictional scenario and I did NOT invent the potty putter, nor am I actually Benjamin Franklin, nor did Benjamin Franklin invent the potty putter as far as we know.)
Small Boys: Let's put a chicken on the trampoline!
Me: So, do you guys jump here often?

Dating world--Here I come!

No comments: