Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dreaming of Brasil


It's hard to believe, but I have been back from Salvador for over a month now. Many of my friends were surprised that I came home; I didn't find out until later that they fully expected me to pack up and stay a while. I think my wanderlust is very obvious to those who know me well. I've been thinking about the kids at the Funducao do Pierre Verger a lot today. Seeing kids play capoeira is so energizing. The spiritual hurdles that keep many adults from playing a beautiful game (at least from my experience) are not present in these hopeful souls. Their games are playful, graceful and uplifting. Thinking of these children reminds me of the place I am trying to get to with my capoeria game, and the emotions that accompany the pure execution of this art are highly rewarding.

No comments: